Comment on or off any topics listed below for the June meeting:
- Losing time: feelings about it, what to do
- Therapist vacations
- Fear and recovery
- Relationships: how to have them, what they should look like, what’s realistic?
- Working to maintain a consistent exterior in order to relate to the world
- Wanting time in the body. Not wanting shifting to happen.
- My body locks up and I can’t move. Does that happen to you? How do you get out of it?
It’s hard for DID people to find others who can relate to them. This can lead to isolation. Talk about your issues of isolation and why you have become isolated at one time or another (if you have at all).
Do you deal with issues of abandonment? How does this affect your life? Your relationships?
How do you deal with your anxiety?
Do you have fears of being re-victimized? Have you been re-victimized in any way? Talk about any thoughts you have in relation to “re-victimization”.
Do you ever have the urge/desire to physically leave or go somewhere else? Do you ever fear “waking-up” somewhere else?
Is it OK to push through difficult things that you’re afraid of? Is it OK to override the internal voices or apprehension/fear (ie; fears associated with sex) and just do it anyway? What happens if you do?
Talk about your struggles related to fear and/or how it might relate to your alters.