This months topics to discuss!
- Kids – parenting both internal and external kids, the desire/ability to have external kids or not
- Conflict resolution between alters
- How to relax without dissociating
- The experience of shifting: paralysis inbetween, the difficulty of coming back to the surface after sessions or after shifting, the need to have space and time to come back
- Planning for the possibility of shifting in various circumstances
Reply to any topics below, or anything else you want to say:
- What people say vs what they do
- Feelings about Mothers Day
- When doctors don’t take your physical health seriously because of your mental health diagnosis
- Therapy issues: wanna quit, losing time, do I need it?, what do I really need to work on?, sometimes seems like a waste of time, etc.
- Control over switching
- Dr Phil show on DID
- Determining what I will and won’t deal with or live with
Talk about any of the recent meeting topics:
- What is real integration, considering that people with DID actually have an altered brain structure?
- “Breaking up with your therapist” and therapist issues or relationships
- Truth vs illusion
If you are in therapy – how well you deal with your therapist taking a vacation? Or anytime therapy is canceled?
Are there areas of resistance in therapy or in your life – things you know you need to change or face but sort of aren’t or won’t? Talk about those areas.
The topic was “being in therapy less”. Talk about anything that thought means to you.
In finding therapists or help, what are you thoughts on people who claim to be experts – and even have the credentials saying they are experts, vs. those who have direct experience working with DID? Obviously people could be both – but feel free to talk about anything related to “experts” of DID.