- Shame preventing healing
- Being better than my parent(s)
- When being DID doesn’t seem to be the biggest problem in life
- Restlessness, trying to meet all the needs felt inside
- Being overwhelmed causing self abuse, meltdowns, anger
Topics for the March Meeting. Comments welcome!
- Natural disasters on the inside
- Healing: What does that look like?
- Support people
- Birthdays for parts: Do you have them?
- Treatment issues: access, funding, best usage
- Adding more alters
- Dimensions: Living in or seeing 2+ dimensions at once, like 2-3 places or states at once (the present, a past place, and our internal world)
- The DID Conference in Florida
Topics to discuss from the December meeting:
- Safely interacting with abusers
- Conflict amongst parts
- Inner-family vacations
- Coping with external circumstances when I have no control
- Grounding techniques
Comment on any topic!
- Coming out of the closet with DID
- When someone else tries to manipulate your system by pitting alters against each other
- When your parts get insulted
- Life seemed better when I didn’t know my dx. Is it better to know it or not?
- What is the current model for treating DID and do you believe it works? What do you think is the way through your DID? What are your life goals?
Do you deal with issues of abandonment? How does this affect your life? Your relationships?
How did the holidays go for you?
Talk about either of these issues. The original question at group was: What does it mean if I have flashbacks but all I see is black? This spurred discussion about how people experience flashbacks.
The topic is: Distancing past triggers from present scenarios. Talk about whatever “triggers” in you!