September Meeting Topics to comment on!
- Confusion vs. Organization
- Little parts and when it’s OK for them to come out
- How to handle switching in front of people you don’t know that well
- Sharing with others that you have DID
- Sexuality and gender identity
- Attending clubhouses for people with mental illness
Comment if you wish! May meeting topics:
- Attachment trauma
- Body dysmorphia (example: confused by the image you or alters see in the mirror) and identity coming and going with alters
- Eating issues, over or under eating
- Mother’s Day
Any thoughts on these topics?
- Why me?
- Life transitions and feeling disconnected or lost
- Missing appointments and meetings
- Parts denying injuries to the body
- Practical jokes
- Changes in how one identifies oneself
- Needing to help others
How well do you accept yourself and your story?Â Or the stories of your alters/parts?
How do you tell people about your alters, especially if the alter is of another gender?
Do you have issues related to the various genders of your alters/parts, or with your body’s gender?
How comfortable are you with your DID?Â Do you hide this reality from the world?Â Do you share it with everyone?Â Talk about your feelings with regard to hiding or exposing your DID to others.
Where do your alters/parts reside? Â In your body? Â Brain? Â Anywhere else? Â In the group we also talked about body memory and how that might relate.