Topics for the March Meeting. Comments welcome!
- Natural disasters on the inside
- Healing: What does that look like?
- Support people
- Birthdays for parts: Do you have them?
- Treatment issues: access, funding, best usage
- Adding more alters
- Dimensions: Living in or seeing 2+ dimensions at once, like 2-3 places or states at once (the present, a past place, and our internal world)
- The DID Conference in Florida
It’s hard for DID people to find others who can relate to them. This can lead to isolation. Talk about your issues of isolation and why you have become isolated at one time or another (if you have at all).
Do you feel you have enough support in your life, for going through your process? Has finding support been easy or hard or something else?
In finding therapists or help, what are you thoughts on people who claim to be experts – and even have the credentials saying they are experts, vs. those who have direct experience working with DID? Obviously people could be both – but feel free to talk about anything related to “experts” of DID.
Topic: Coming out of the DID Closet. Are you able to tell others of your DID? Why or why not?
How do you console your parts?
How do you feel about telling others about your DID? If you have told others, how did it go?
Comment on: Telling your health care providers about your DID.